The Practical Preppers Complete Guide to Disaster Preparedness
- 01 Oct 2014
- 320 pages - 235 x 156 x 21mm
The world we live in is an unstable one. From natural disasters of biblical proportions to concerns about the economic downturn and government shutdown, the hits just keep on coming. At the same time, the power grid is incredibly fragile. Our dependency on widely distributed long distance systems for power, medicine, and food makes our society susceptible to attack, whether by foreign or domestic enemies, or the weather. No matter the concern, the solutions are the same. Scott Hunt, the owner of Practical Preppers—the consultant firm featured on every episode of the hit Nat Geo show "Doomsday Preppers" (recent episodes had 15 million viewers)—and an experienced engineer and homesteader, offers readers a complete and detailed guide to sustainable living. With this book, anyone can learn how to:
- Secure a water source—even in an urban area
- Grow and preserve food
- Set up an alternative energy supply
- Maintain a shelter –including alternative cooking and sanitation methods during a long power outage
- Bug out—what to include in your bug out bag and how to leave
- Prepare for medical issues
- Deal with security concerns
Preparing for disruption of services is a noble venture which gives peace of mind. This book will empower readers of all skill levels and resources to achieve an independent, sustainable lifestyle.
A complete guide to disaster preparedness from Practical Preppers, the experts featured on the hit Nat Geo show "Doomsday Preppers"