How to Write & Give a Speech: A Practical Guide for Anyone Who Has to Make Every Word Count
- 01 Apr 2014
- 224 pages - 210 x 140 x 14mm
Speaking Coach Joan Detz covers everything from the basics to the finer points of writing and delivering a speech with persuasion, style, and humor.
- Assessing your audience
- Researching your subject—and deciding what to leave out
- Keeping it simple
- Using imagery, quotations, repetition, and humour
- Special-occasion speeches
- Speaking to international audiences
- Using Power Point and other visual aids
- And many more
Updated to include new examples and the latest technology, as well as a section on social media, this is a must-have for anyone who writes and delivers speeches, whether novices or experienced veterans at the podium.
With more than 65,000 copies sold in two editions and recommended by Forbes and U.S. News & World Report, this newly updated guide offers sound advice on every aspect of researching, writing, and delivering an effective speech. Filled with anecdotes, examples, and practical advice, this accessible guide makes one of the most daunting tasks manageable—and even fun.